RISE OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE DURING COVID-19 LOCKDOWN is a fact. What are the triggers? How to get out when normal safety planning is impossible? Here’s the second interview out of a series of expert conversations about gender-based violence in times of corona pandemic.
In this episode, we discuss and demystify:
- Concrete examples of what’s happening behind the closed doors
- Safety planning strategies
- Public policy innovation when you can’t fully rely on the justice or health care system
- Social support you can count on even during the pandemics crisis
- How can citizens, neighbours, family and friends help victims and survivors of domestic violence
Check out also the previous episode with Brianna – we discuss more broadly what is sexual and intimate-partner violence. You’ll hear an intro into identifying the control and power dynamics in a toxic relationship, basic concepts of safety planning and trauma healing. We also wonder whether America and Europe differ in how they stigmatise victims of rape.
Once done, listen also to a deeper dive in another episode with Brianna: discussing potential failure of institutions to protect the victims during COVID-19 lockdown.